Following are some of the best schools offering physical therapy programs
University of Delaware
- Rated 4th in the nation for Graduate PT Programs by US News (2009).
- The UD Physical Therapy Curriculum is offered as a 2.5 year program.
- It was ranked 14th among 100 best values in public colleges in Kiplinger's Personal Finance magazine.
US Army-Baylor University
- Baylor University is accredited through the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS).
- The Army-Baylor Doctoral Program in Physical Therapy is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE).
University of Iowa
- The University of Iowa Physical Therapy Graduate Program is ranked 3rd among public institutions (USNWR 2009).
- Satisfactory completion of the Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) curriculum qualifies the candidates to take a state-administered national licensing examination.
University of Miami
- The Department of Physical Therapy offers a three year, entry level clinical doctoral degree the Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) and an academic doctoral degree, ( PhD) in Physical Therapy.
- The Department of Physical Therapy is accredited by both the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE) and the Southern Association of Schools and Colleges (SACS) Accrediting Commission for Senior Colleges and Universities.
- It has been consistently ranked as one of the top 10 physical therapy programs in the United States.
University of Florida
- The Department of Physical Therapy has been ranked fourth in the nation for AAU Public Universities by U.S. News and World Report.
- The DPT is the degree endorsed by the American Physical Therapy Association.
Ranking of Best Physical Therapy Schools (Top 40 list):
1. University of Southern California
2. University of Pittsburgh
2. Washington University in St. Louis
4. University of Delaware
5. US Army-Baylor University
5. University of Iowa
7. Arcadia University
7. MGH Institute of Health Professions
7. Northwestern University
7. University of Miami
11. Emory University
11. University of North Carolina–Chapel Hill
13. Duke University
13. University of California–San Francisco/San Francisco State University
15. New York University
15. University of Florida
15. University of Illinois–Chicago
15. University of Maryland–Baltimore
19. Creighton University
19. Marquette University
19. Ohio State University
19. University of Minnesota–Twin Cities
19. University of Utah
24. Boston University
24. Texas Woman’s University
24. Univ of Kansas Medical Center
24. Univ of Texas Medical Branch–Galveston
24. Virginia Commonwealth Univ
29. Northern Arizona Univ
29. Regis Univ
29. Univ of Alabama–Birmingham
29. Univ of Washington
33. Columbia Univ
33. Mayo School of Health Related Sciences
33. Univ of Colorado–Denver
33. Univ of Nebraska Medical Center
33. Univ of Wisconsin–Madison
38. Univ of Kentucky
38. Univ of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center
38. Univ of Wisconsin–La Crosse
Source: U.S. News & World Report (2009)