Have you considered a career in nursing? It’s a very rewarding career, both monetarily and emotionally. Making a difference in people’s lives and bringing them hope and cheer is not something that you can achieve in just about any career. Read on to know why the nursing career is so rewarding.
1. There is great demand for nurses at present and this demand is projected to rise by 2020, by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) in USA. The job opportunities in this career field will be astounding for the right candidates. So, becoming a nurse in Cameroon/Africa makes you a potential "Bush Fallers"
2. Nurses make excellent wages; an average registered nurse makes more than $52,000 a year and more experienced and specialized nurses make over $72,000.
3. A nurse can work in different kinds of establishments, each offering unique work environments. For example, a nurse can work in hospitals, schools, home care facilities, government agencies, and so on.
4. Nurses can work in flexible schedules, and take up shifts as desired. Shifts are between 4 to 12 hours a day, and a nurse can opt for the best shifts to accommodate other side jobs or education opportunities.
5. As a nurse, you’ll make a huge difference in people’s lives. A caring and compassionate nurse is considered as a guardian angel by patients. This can be a very satisfying and gratifying career for the compassionate.
6. As a nurse, you get the opportunity to interact with patients, medical staff, doctors and administrators every day. This gives you the opportunity to learn from other careers and add to your knowledge base, while sharpening your interpersonal skills.
7. You’ll never know what’s going to happen at any given point in time. there’s constant excitement and challenge in a nurse’s life. You have the opportunity to make swift decisions, learn each day and never get bored, as each day is different.
Now the three most Important REASONS
By choosing the profession of nursing, you are expressing your innermost desire of caring and love for your fellow members sharing this world with you. You are fulfilling your desire to make a positive contribution in your life by improving the life of other people living with you. As a nurse, your positive contribution towards improving the life of the other person comes when you extend assistance by helping the patients cure from the pain or suffering caused due to illness or disease.
The second reason why you choose nursing as a profession is that you want to prove to the world at large that you have the requisite capability or the skills this noble profession calls for. As a certified nursing assistant or a registered nurse, you have the confidence in you to create and build fruitful relationships with the people at large and the patients in particular. Using your interpersonal skills, you instill the confidence in the patients that they can overcome the ailment and return to normalcy.
The third important reason that will make you feel proud is that you took the nursing profession not just for earning money or just grow up the ladder in the healthcare industry through specialization. Earning money is only one small part in the profession. You want to display and get recognized for your dedication and service to the needy people. Not everybody can become a nurse and achieve great success in the profession. It should be inculcated in your blood to extend selfless contribution to the humanity in general and the patient in particular.
Thanks for reading. Hope you'll change your point of view on NURSES.